Cove24 is committed to ensure that your privacy is always protected.
This Privacy Statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our website https://www.cove24.uk and about how we use, share, retain and protect such personal data. Cove24 will keep all your personal information confidential, and we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances as set out within the statement.
This statement may change from time to time, so we recommend you check this page frequently to ensure that you are happy with any changes/updates. When using our website, you agree to be bound by the policy set out below.
Should you have any questions relating to the policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we obtain personal data
Personal data means that any information collected or logged in a format that allows you to be either directly (name) or indirectly (telephone number) identified personally. We collect and receive personal data that you choose to voluntarily provide to us for your use of the website.
Cookies – Additionally, we collect specific personal data by using cookies, including similar technologies such as local storage when you visit the website. Cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit certain websites. Cookies hold information that may be accessible by the party that places the cookie, which is either the website itself (first-party cookie) or a third party (third party cookies).
- To gather website statistical data to analyse how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited, and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page.
- To provide authentication (i.e., to keep you logged in between sessions). The information collected using local storage is stored on your browser and persists after your browser is closed.
The types of personal data we may collect
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you:
- Name and contact details (such as name, address, email, username, fax and phone numbers).
- Personal data included in comments posted by you on the website, such as blog content.
- Personal data of individuals you wish to share your uploaded content with (such as name and email address).
- Personal data that included preferences and interests
- Traffic data (such as your Internet usage).
- Any other information that you have provided us (such as whether you would like to receive our newsletter).
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary, for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
How we might use personal data
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To analyse how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited, and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page.
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
- To contact you, such as by sending personalised emails about our products and services in our newsletter.
We process personal data because this is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our compliance with our legal obligations and for the purpose of our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are our commercial company interest (e.g., to improve our products and services), our interest to make use of direct marketing, our interest to prevent fraud and our interest from reporting possible criminal acts or threats to competent authorities.
How we may share personal data
We may share the personal data we collect and receive on a need-to-know basis with the following third parties
- Service providers.
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
We may also transfer your personal data if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets on a need-to-know basis. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this Privacy Statement.
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal data.
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored are absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavourable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
How long we retain personal data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website
What are your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form.
- The right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of or objection to the processing of your personal data.